On 29/08/2026 12:07, 'TP' via TramsDownUnder wrote: > Did you travel on some of our "light rails" Mal? What's your gut > feeling about speed of operation compared to Melbourne's trams? > I was impressed with Sydney and regional public transport across the board. I was enjoying the ride so not focussed on getting to my destination asap. Having said that, I suspect the average speed between the Quay and Central is probably not much different to Swanston St between Flinders St and Victoria St. I rode the L3, Parramatta and Newcastle light rail and had a short ride on the Metro between Central and Barangaroo. I travelled to Parramatta on the train and also travelled on the intercity train between Sydney and Newcastle. Perhaps the most noticeable difference was the better general appearance and upkeep of Sydney heavy rail stations. I suspect higher levels of staffing help with that. I attach a couple of images - the L2 and L3 certainly get heavy loads - even on a Sunday afternoon Mal Rowe - who enjoyed his visit
Comments
Post a Comment